The "Pink Cloud Pets" Program aims to connect pet owners seeking recovery from substance use disorder, with safe and loving animal foster volunteers and caretakers across our community.
During our work, we hear time and again from counselors, case workers, and patients, about this very sensitive topic. In fact (and quite understandably), most pet owners who struggle with substance use disorder have admittedly avoided or delayed seeking treatment, or have even left treatment all together, due to the worry and fear associated with leaving a pet behind for any extended period of time.
Pink Cloud Foundation recognizes and understands the significant role that our pets have in our recovery journey.
We created the Pink Cloud Pets Program to provide a simple solution, that offers peace-of-mind, and gives comfort to pet-owners and pets alike.
Want to join our amazing group of foster volunteers?
Please fill out the no-obligation volunteer form HERE!
"Any and all arrangements for animal/pet fostering and/or caretaking are made solely between the pet owner(s) and the private foster volunteer. Pink Cloud Foundation, including all Executive & Board Directors, and Employees or Agents, do/does not have any role in this process, other than maintaining an up-to-date list of interested animal/pet fostering volunteers and making it available, upon request, to individuals seeking short/long-term animal/pet foster care services while participating in an in-patient treatment program, living in a recovery residence, or otherwise unable to care for their own pet(s).
1. Pink Cloud Foundation, including all Executive & Board Directors, and Employees or Agents, does not bear, nor accept, any legal responsibility for any/all activities or actions agreed to, taken/performed by/between:
· Any Private Foster Volunteer(s)
· Pet Owner(s) or Caretaker(s)
· Agent(s) acting on behalf of either party, whether directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to: any medical professional(s), emergency personnel, or any other associate(s) of either party, including any/all 3rd party individuals/businesses or animals/pets owned by, or in the care of, a 3rd party.
2. Pink Cloud Foundation, including all Executive & Board Directors, and Employees or Agents, shall not be held responsible for the occurrence of any event that takes place before, during, or after the foster/caretaking term, such as, but not limited to:
· Injury/death of person(s), or other 3rd party (i.e., animal bites).
· Injury/death of animal(s) or pet(s), including any 3rd party animal(s) or pet(s) (i.e., animal bites).
· Any damage to, or loss of, any personal property, including any 3rdparty property.
· Any costs/fees for: Emergency and/or Non-emergency medical care or procedures, laboratory and/or diagnostic services and testing, or any transportation for any person(s).
· Any costs/fees for: Emergency and/or Non-emergency medical care or procedures, laboratory and/or diagnostic services and testing, or any transportation for any animal(s) or pet(s).
· Any cost/fees for: Emergency and/or Non-emergency medical care, or any routine veterinarian care, whether one- time/single or ongoing care/treatment of any acute or chronic illnesses or conditions for any persons or animals/pets, including any known/unknown allergies.
By participating in the Pink Cloud Pets Program, either by contacting a pet foster volunteer, in any way, to inquire about or seek animal/pet fostering services, or by volunteering to be listed on the "Pink Cloud Pets Foster Volunteer List" as a potential foster volunteer, shall hereby constitute your acknowledgment that you have been made aware of this Legal Notice, you have read this Legal Notice in its entirety, and understand its content, will abide by, and agree to be legally bound by the terms of the agreement contained in this notice."